"I'd rather be counting BLESSINGS than calories" ~ unknown

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Watermelon mania

When I saw this weeks Fantabulous Cricut Challenge, I remembered these pictures I took of my sons eating watermelon. They love this fruit and usily ends up very sitcky and sweet. I used Basicgray's Ribbon Candy papers from the Blitzen Collection for the background, Cricut's Doodlecharms cartridge for the melon border and tag, Opposites Attract cartridge for the title and George and Basic Shapes cartridge for the flags. I sanded the photo edges and added black buttons to resemble the watermelon pips. I just LOVE how this page turned out!

5 comments:

  1. I love you layout!! The melons look great, and the banner is cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout! I love the way you added a melon to the title as well. And the melon border is fantastic!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    PS I went on a hunt to research the language of your title. I believe it is Afrikaans? I could tell it was a Germanic language but never knew that Afrikaans stemmed from Dutch. (I did my undergrad in Linguistics so I find these sorts of things quite interesting!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout! The watermelon border is so fun and I love the matching paper!
    Thanks for playing with us at FCCB this week!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! This layout is absolutely adorable!!! I love it!!! I'm so excited to be your newest follower!!

    Kerri @ www.razorsharpcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout -- especially all the melons at the bottom (that took time, I know!) and how you used two melons in the title. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB for the "Melon Time" challenge!

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete